Thursday, February 10

what i wore: and she's back

I'm sure you're all aware by now that I took a short hiatus from the blog world to enjoy a few days with my Dad and his wife Martha while they visited us here in Austin. For the days they were actually here, it warmed to the 60s and couldn't have been more beautiful (well, by winter standards).
We took them to local eats and a few live music venues, and spent the rest of the time visiting and catching up. Bryan and Dad connected over the world of WWI and WWII aircraft - and anything flying in general.
I didn't want to spend a ton of time on myself while they were here, so I stuck to a basic uniform of skinny pants or jeans, tops, cardigans, and tall boots. It worked great whether we toured around the city or enjoyed time at home.
Dad and Martha brought me a lovely necklace so I wanted to feature the day I wore it.
One of our favorite excursions was Gruene. If you come to visit me, bank on the fact that we'll take you there. Gruene is a historic little Texas town, burrowed between larger cities right along I35. It's very rustic and has old shops, antique galleries, pottery shops, and great restaurants.
We ALWAYS eat at the Gristmill. The Gristmill is located right on the river and is in the old Cotton Gin. Every room is quirky and full of history. I know Dad and Martha enjoyed it. We sure do every time we go. :)
Dad and Martha in Gruene

Gruene water tower at night
Pants: Gap Really Skinny, Boots: Dolce Vita, Top: LOFT, Cardigan: Target, Necklace: gift

6 comments:

  1. Aw, this makes me nostalgic for my hometown. =) Since this is a fashion blog I'll say that I love your top & cardi so that my comment is relevant. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, they look like such nice people. :-) You guys gave them a really nice time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are AWESOME. They would make any outfit classy!

    It sounds like you had a great time, how special to have that time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this new blog from fb! I will be adding it to my bookmarks, if not only to see what you've worn for the day. I really like your simple, elegant, cute style. I'm draw that direction as well, but honestly, often I just have time to pull a t-shirt over my head and button some jeans. Wish having kids didn't change my body so rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh the Gristmill is soooo delicious.

    i love your ruffly top! i have a cream one practically identical to it, and i'm ashamed to say it's the only non-tee-shirt top i own that i like, so i wear it WAY too often. i really need more tops. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty new necklace. That dotted top is really a workhorse!

    ReplyDelete