Wednesday, January 19

what i wore wednesdays

Planning out my clothing the night before has changed my world for the better. No more scrambling around when I'm already late trying to pick something. My closet is already clean, and only full of things that fit, flatter, and work with my lifestyle, but somedays I just can't decide what to put on!
I have found though, that planning every last detail ahead of time limits my spontaneity and creativity. My new, improved method is picking just ONE item and then while I put on my makeup that morning I start planning how to wear it. Sometimes it might be vague like "I really want to wear trousers tomorrow" or sometimes it will be more specific like, "I haven't worn my green skirt yet this week."
Which is exactly what I said last night. :) So I pulled out my green skirt and grabbed a blouse that I don't wear often enough. It's tricky because it is sheer in some areas. But with a belted cardigan, I solved that problem! I just love all the textures in my completed look today, and hope you do too.
Blouse: Myne (Nordstrom, or now available here), Cardigan: Gap, Skirt: Halogen (Nordstrom), Boots: Dolce Vita, Bracelet: JCrew, Belt: BCBG Max Azria 

2 comments:

  1. I do love this! Layering and belting cardigans make me happy. :) Those boots are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa, thanks! These boots have been workhorses for sure. I prefer them with skinny pants or jeans because they are SO wide, but I've done my best making them work with skirts/dresses too. They are very fab, I especially love the dark wooden heel.

    ReplyDelete