Monday, January 31

what i wore: token

Tomorrow marks the two month mark since my Grandpa left us. I don't think it's really hit me yet. I went to California to grieve with my family, we buried him, we each took home little things to remember him by, but it just doesn't feel right still.
I really do think my Poppy was one of the best men to walk the earth. He had a quiet strength and his manner was always gentle, yet he was so full of wisdom.
My favorite memories are his gingerbread men pancakes and listening to Johnny Cash in his pickup. Poppy did love to sing.
The night we buried him my Grandma gave each of us a few little things from her to remember my Grandpa by. That is just her way, and I think it was healing for her. One of the things she gave me was this bracelet.
It, as well as the other tokens I brought back with me will keep my Grandpa's memories alive. Forever, I hope.
Bryan and I have been furiously putting our house back together after a tedious paint job over the weekend. I always forget how much I hate painting until we start another project. But it makes such a huge difference! I'm loving how things are coming together. A comment Bryan had is that our home design is looking more and more like my closet. :) I think that's good!
Blouse: Gap, Cardigan: Target, Skirt: Nordstrom, Boots: Nordstrom, Cuff: gift from Grandma

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I really like this one, Sarah. And the bracelet makes it so special.

    Is this a new hair color? It looks so pretty in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! The bracelet is gorgeous.
    Rute

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bracelet. That's such a lovely token of rememberance.

    You look beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete