Thursday, January 20

what i wore: copy cat!

It is no secret that I love JCrew. I pour over the catalogs every month and dog ear pages with outfit inspiration. I love the super feminine pices contrasted with androgynous ones. JCrew is certainly one of my fashion mentors.
It's not uncommon for me to pair an outfit based on something I've seen in a catalog. Like this one:
Today was super windy and COLD (can you tell?!) so I only had a few minutes to snap my photos. I took these after work, and after my errands. I went to Sprouts as well as Costco. I don't know what it is, but there is something so satisfactory about shopping there. I feel like such a domestic goddess when I get home and put away my bulk groceries. Yay me.
People her often ask me if I'm enjoying this cold-as-Seattle weather, but I've got to say, it's nothing like Seattle weather! The winters here are so dry and biting cold, and when you add the wind? It's painful! The weather here is so unpredictable that I've just learned to love layering and be prepared for anything. I left for work with my heavy coat and gloves, and on the way home I swapped out the gloves for sunglasses. 8)
Blouse: Gap, Knit top: Forever 21, Trousers: Gap, Jacket: Express (swapped), Shoes: Me Too Frost oxfords, Watch: Michael Kors (bday gift from Bryan)

8 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh. that outfit has my name ALL over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the stripes with the white button-down underneath. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have one more follower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It's such an easy look to copy, try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Love it! I was also looking thru the JCrew site as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see this post on Academ Chic? It reminded me of you when I saw it!

    http://www.academichic.com/2011/01/18/soccer-mom/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lawdiva12:55 PM

    I adore this outfit! I would never have thought to wear a button down under a knit shirt like this. So cute!

    ReplyDelete