Monday, January 3

the truth of the matter

Part of my New Years Resolution is to invest more time and energy into the Daily Sophisticate. It is important to me to not portray the illusion of perfection (ha!) but to be as honest and real as I possibly can. I see so many adorable wardrobe diary blogs and wish I could dress as they do, but in reality, my lifestyle doesn't call for that. I work, have a home, husband, and kitties to look after, and work out. My life is no fairytale, but that certainly doesn't mean it can't be fabulous, right?
The outfits I post are actually what I wear the day I post them. I get up in the mornings, get ready and dressed, take the photos, and leave for work.


There isn't a huge variety in my closet, but it is functional, fits well, and is flattering. I do my best to make things interesting by remixing the basics I have, and occasionally I'll buy something new to complete a look or replace a workhorse. I hope to go over some of the hands on "how to's" to create a functional wardrobe that works for YOU and your lifestyle. We are all different, but many things can apply to most of us.

Trousers, top, cardigan: Gap, Shoes: Nine West Rocha, Belt: Fossil, Coat: JCrew, Scarf: Martin + Osa

4 comments:

  1. I just got that cardi in black. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites. I really love gray this year. You look good with a belted cardigan. It never seems to work right on me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the blog this year. I read a lot of daily outfit blogs, and yours is one of my favorites for its simplicity and relatability. You wear outfits that I could wear, and I LOVE that you do not have some magical thrift store full of brand-name hidden treasures. Your stuff comes from stores I frequent, which helps me see new ways I could wear similar pieces. That's a very valuable asset.

    I know you don't layer much, but you do it so well. The grey and and the brown belt is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:18 AM

    I only recently discovered your blog, but I added it to my list of favorites because, just like you, I am a real woman, I have a normal life, and I don't have a Hollywood wardrobe. Your style is something I can relate to and that is what I am looking for in a style blog.
    Keep up the good work !

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete