Wednesday, January 5

what i wore: tuesday

Austin has seen rain for the past few days (although today is sunshiney!). Rain actually inspires me, and I attribute that to my Pacific Northwest roots. Rain is so cleansing, and it sparks new growth...although not in my lawn, unfortunately.
Boots are my favorite footwear for rain because nothing is fun about wet feet when you only wear 3+ inch heels. I've noticed that I tend to dress from the feet up. If I'm running errands, going straight home, working or not, that determines what footwear I choose, which then dictates my outfit.
These boots have been a staple all fall and winter (if you can't tell). They have definitely earned their value!
After work I ran to the grocery store. Bryan and I joined Crossfit back in November, and have been making a point to eat the recommended Paleo "diet". I stocked up on fresh veggies, salad fixings, and some lean meats. I also picked up some almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cocoa chips, coconut flakes, and dried fruit (sans sugar) for my own trail mix.
When Bryan got home we did our own workout since it's an off day from the gym. After dinner we snuggled with our furbabes and watched some Texas basketball. This might come as a shock, but I like nothing more than to cuddle with my husband and cats and watch me some good football or basketball. The drama is way better than anything Sex and the City can offer. O:)
Jacket: Hinge (Nordstrom Rack), Sweater: Halogen (Nordstrom), Trousers: Gap, Boots: Dolce Vita (Martin + Osa), Bracelet: Nordstrom Rack

2 comments:

  1. Hot.

    I love that you dress from your feet up. I never would have had that idea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Great idea to dress bottom up, this would prevent a lot of sagging hems on rainy days.

    ReplyDelete