Monday, December 6

what i wore: pairing jackets and dresses

 It's been a whirwind of a week for us. The emotions have been flooding through in waves and it's been tricky welcoming each one as it hits. We spent a good part of the weekend preparing for our quick trip to the Bay Area to remember and mourn my Grandpa. His Memorial is set for Thursday.
Today marks one week since Jasper's passing. I am grieving less but missing him more. I hope I never forget a single thing about him. Same for my Grandpa.
This week I've been grabbing the standbys out of my closet. The outfits I know work and are easy to grab without much thought.
Dresses are so simple because it's an all-in-one look. Add a great jacket, fab shoes, and some sparkle and you're on your way. :)

My hair is getting so long, and while I love short cuts, it's nice to be able to wake up, run over it with the flat iron, tease the roots, spritz with spray, and be out the door. I've even been wearing it up or back lately. My makeup has also been very simple. I'm still not confident that I can hold back the tears at any given moment, so I've gone minimal with the eye makeup. Gray liner is so soft and pretty, as opposed to harsh black. I lined my eyes with an Almay liner, swiped a layer of MAC's Burmese Beauty shadow over it, added waterproof mascara, NARS Deep Throat Blush, and finished the look with Revlon's Mineralize Lip Gloss in Nude.
Dress: Ann Taylor, Jacket: Express (swapped), Necklace: Banana Republic (gifted), Boots: Dolce Vita for Martin + Osa

2 comments:

  1. SO fabulous!! Just realized today that you have a blog after all these months thinking, "I sure wish Sarah had a fashion blog. :-) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Grandpa, Sarah. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete