Friday, October 29

purgatory

I don't know about you, but I have a horrible habit of taking the rejects of a closet clean out and putting them in a bag for donation or consignment. And too often, I go back to the bags and rifle through them only to discover I *do* like something after all. I guess periods of separation do have merit in all relationships. ;)
This jacket is actually part of a suit. The pants are fine, but they are too short to wear with my average 3" heels. So I need to buy new shoes in order to wear the suit. I like the jacket - I don't love the jacket. So the suit has been in a bag for several weeks now.
I want to be picky about what stays in my wardrobe, but I don't want to toss a gem either, so I'm trying to wear everything before I make a final decision.
I've mentioned before that I'm the only female in my office. The dress code her is pretty casual, but of course I like to dress up. However, Fridays are my day to be "smart casual" and wear denim. The jacket keeps it from being too casual.
Jacket: Express, Top: Express, Jeans: David Kahn, Shoes: Me Too Frost oxford pumps
*Confession: I usually wear a black cami under this top to provide length, but I couldn't find it this morning. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment